It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-31

Politics

India and Pakistan are at each other's throats. Well, not entirely. Nether has the stomach, thankfully, for a nuclear fight. I believe the people behind the attacks on India recently have been tracked to sources who have made it clear that they want a fight between India and Pakistan for some reason. I haven't sorted that part out yet. Not for lack of trying.  Maybe both India and Pakistan should nuke Cashmere.

Then comes Bolton earlier today. I can't help but pray that there are more people who get it out there running things. Maybe there is a vast intelligent conspiracy to run things and let pretty idiots prance in front of the cameras while the real work is done in the back without prying eyes. I have little patience for celebrity rule lately. I wish the average American were not so gullible. I think the lack of money to spend on high sugar drinks will make for a grumpy, but more attentive electorate. Perhaps I hope for too much.

When Iran goes nuclear, which I think is inevitable at this point, the news will get more interesting. It will boil down to a western power either surrendering to Iran or retaliating with maximum prejudice. That will make for something to blog about. I prefer lazy days between holidays at the end of the year.

No comments: