It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-07

Elle lost tooth

Elle came over to me this afternoon holding a tissue to her mouth. She had this desperate look on her face. She mumbled something in that little kid speak complicated by I did something wrong filter, further encrypted by the I'm in pain algorithm. I had no idea what she said. I did notice blood on the tissue. I calmly stopped doing what I was doing. I turned to her and got out of her that she lost a tooth

We went to alert Nat who was resting. Elle freaked out, and the two of us had to calm her and ensure her that it was normal to loose teeth at this point in her career as a child. It took a while for her to be convinced. Nat and Elle went on a hunt for the tooth. No one informed her she needed to keep track of such things.

Elle had a birthday party engagement this afternoon. Bill came by and picked her up. Heck of a guy. There has been no mention of tooth ferries or post tooth-self-extraction monetary compensation The subjects will have to be covered at some point for Elle will hear about the common practice through the grape vine at some point.

I meant to take a picture of her new growing-up smile, but forgot before she let out for the birthday party. I'll catch her this evening hopefully.

This leads me to think about the $800 or so we spent on fixing a baby tooth only last month. The check cleared and now they are falling out. Yes, this makes me love dentists. I'm going to keep those particular two teeth and demand compensation from the government. Surely there must be a program to repay ignorent parents for paying for dentistry on baby teeth. I still feel like a sucker for this expendature that I cannot help but feel is simply unwarrented. I would love to sue. I mane, shouldn't the dentis know that ther is no reason to fix a tooth that is just going to fall out in a couple of weeks? I suppose he had to pay for that BMW somehow.

No comments: