It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-21

Crazy dreams and reality

This morning I had a dream where I was laying in bed and two of my teeth fell out. I've had this dream before. I spent the rest of the morning putting my teeth back in the holes and going back to sleep. Then I would dream of something else for a while. Something inconsequential. Then I would notice my teeth, two of the front teeth, would start to fall out again. As I would push them back in, I would come closer to consciousness and realize I was lying in bed. The teeth falling out thing must be a mechanism to wake me up. Part of my brain wanted to wake up.

Eventually I had to pee. I got up, did so and went back to bed. It was 7:?? in the morning. It is Sunday. I'm sleeping in. I fell back asleep and this time I spit the teeth out in to my hand.  When I tried to look at them, they looked like strips of paper or a wet match. I felt with my toung and my teeth were indeed missing. I rolled over and reached for the tape player from the library for the blind. I hit play. I was awake and listening to my book. What happened to my teeth? I felt with my toung and sure enough they were bot in place and held tight.

The book began to play. There were a couple of dream sequences in the book. They sounded familiar in a way. When I write something substantial I will memntion the dreams about my teeth falling out.  I wonder if it it shte toung portion of the brean dreaming of having the mouth all to itself. That or some deep seeded primoridal fear of becomeing old and obsoleet. I do not dream of battling for who will become cheef. I do however dream of battling for some lost cause.

How many reems of books have been written on the interpretation of dreams? Google has more hits than it can count. Then again, I could make up something off the top of my head and who could prove me wrong? It is a bit like Global Warming. You cannot prove a nagative, so no one can disprove that global warming's existance. Never mind we have been getting colder over the last ten years or that NASA has had to recant some clames made about ice sheets disappearing over the last decade.

No comments: