It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-31

Cars and health care

You can buy a diesel Jeep Wrangler in Europe that gets nearly 30 miles to the gallon. It does not pass emissions for the U. S. so no Economic Jeep. Our government frustrates me. Aren't the emissions standards tougher in Europe? But wait, the U. S. is big on making car manufacturers use specific bits of equipment instead of making them meet standards. This is how catalytic converters happened. I imagine this is why you cannot get a diesel Focus either. I just can't wait for our government, run by a bunch of geezer lawyers, to start designing cars that GM and Chrysler will be charged with selling. Good luck.

I can't even drive and I'm worried. I watch a lot of British car shows, just because they are there, and I can tell you the cars in Europe are smaller, but frigging better. People expect more from a car. They pay through the nose for fuel and for the car and for roads and just about everything, but they expect everything to be better and last. Not just cars.

Brits eat a ton of chips (french fries) and have socialized medicine. They wait in lines for hospital care and complain, but they don't just automatically loose their house when they get sick. Nothing is perfect, but what we have in the U. S. is not working and it is indeed time for something else.

No comments: