It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-31

Books

I"m reading a book called Queen City Jazz. I don't like it much. As I rapidly approach the end, I haven't finished it yet, I feel some twist coming. I don't like when a story feels sacrificed just for the sake of something unpredictable coming. Then again, I hate when I can predict what is going to happen. I suppose that is a contradiction. Not really. There are tons of stories that end the way I thought that I ended up liking. I can't think of any that had a twist for the sake of a twist that I liked. It is an amazing first effort though. Maybe I will go finish it.

I have an open request with the library for the blind for them to send me a random science fiction book on tape. I really like this because I have no idea what book to read next. I would have never chosen Casual Rex (it being the second in a series especially) or Queen City Jazz.

I find myself reading before bed. That is, listening to the tapes. I miss the tail end of some of the sides, but hey, it is science fiction. For a while I was getting some magazines like News Week and such. I get plenty of news online. I asked for all that stuff to be dropped. There are a couple of magazines devoted to science fiction that I still get. I'm addicted. I don't mind.

I can't wait to find out what I get next.

No comments: