It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-03-01

Skipped Videos

A buddy of mine complained to me yesterday that i put up a video which contained some one clearly dying after a car rolled over them. Well, I feel a bit inspired to cover the videos that I'm skipping today. First let me recount a video that I skipped a while back. It was called "watch your hands" on YouTube. It was basically a man getting his hands chopped off by a helicopter. If it was a fake, it was a damned good one. I just did a bunch of searches and could not find it any more.

Pedestrians you can laugh at - Granny crosses the street. A bunch of cars crash. Granny couldn't be bothered. She could have been killed. Something needs to be done so both pedestrians and cars can traverse the intersection without meeting in the middle. People just laugh and get about their day. I almost posted this one. It strikes a bit close to home for me though.

Bomb hits a house in a war zone - Soldiers cheer as an apartment block is hit by a bomb. "Happy Ramadan bitch!" It makes me ill to be honest. I wish the soldiers were a bit more professional when calling in an air strike.

Dog hit by IED in Iraq - Soldiers laugh as a dog gets hit by an exploding IED. I assume they knew this IED was about to go off so they whipped out the video recorder. A bit of professionalism would go along nicely here, but I can't blame them for taking what ever opportunities they can to giggle at something.

Woman pleads for her life as she is murdered - This is a 911 audio tape of a woman pleading for her life as she is murdered in a murder suicide. I did not listen to it myself. I don't need that sort of encouragement. (just kidding)

Harry (the prince) video from Iraq - This one was almost interesting. Harry acting like a prince in a war zone. You can put a prince in a war zone, but you cant remove is boot from the commoner's ass.

Bicyclist hit by car - Shatters windshield. Looks pretty rough. Seems to be a trend these days to show pedestrians getting hit by cars.

Most boring motorcycle wreck - Some guy driving a mini motorcycle around a warehouse slams in to come crates. Yawn! Did I mention this was boring.
It does point to the fact that many of these videos are from security cameras. This is also a growing trend. How do people get hold of this footage? Aren't there supposed to be protections of the contents or is it just a free for all on CCTV footage?

A touching news clip of a soldier's sister - A WWII soldier lost a case full of letters and pictures and such in Egypt some time in WWII. It was found by a tour guide who tracked down the relatives in England and brought it back. The soldier's sister, now in her sixties, travels down memory lane.

A boring drive down a boring road in a boring sand storm - <slept through description> Everything just went sand colored.

Great catch - Someone out playing for the hell of it makes a leaping catch of a softball. Not too shabby.

Soldiers blowing up a house - Planned detonation of a house exploding.
Something I have learned about explosions watching all these videos. There really is some kind of instantaneous pulse that causes at least electronic equipment to shutter. All the close up explosions have a sound on the video before anything shows in the explosion.

Most boring mortor position ever. - I'm glad the found it. I'm glad they took the bad guys out. I'm glad it is not in operation any more. I'm sorry I watched the video.

Those are the videos that I went threw today for mya six fans out there. None were realy worth positng. I did want people to understand that there is a filter in place.

No comments: