It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-03-12

News Rants

Things that piss me off in the news of late.

Al Quida is decentralizing

NPR news stories inspired this list.

  • Al Quida is using the internet for distance learning. This decentralizes the organization and any one across the planet could be a bad guy with a couple of creative searches.
  • Al Quida has it's own media company producing videos.
  • People are getting pissed at Al Quida because Al Quida is so willing to attack other Muslims, not because they kill the infidel.
  • Al Quida is not loosing a country (Afghanistan and Pakistan) they are simply evolving in to an entity that does not need a base. Rather, it exists only in the hearts of angry, armed individuals.

Free Trade has failed

I'm hearing stories of people in South America who complain that the whole Free Trade things is just plane not working. They are dissatisfied with the results. I know I'm dissatisfied with the results. I hear that Mexican truckers like making money in the States. American truckers are not very happy about it. Not many of them want to work in Mexico. I think it is time that the whole idea of Free Trade be reexamined. Maybe competition amongst countries works better for all involved. That is what seemed to have worked for centuries.

Day Old News

Most of the time, listening to yesterday's news via podcasts is no big deal. Heck, some of it is twelve hours old when I listen to it. Today (last night), however, the big story is about Spitzer. The big question is "Will he resign?" Well, before I listened to one podcast, I knew he had indeed stepped down. That is kind of a drag.

Reporters are talking about the Democrats vs Republicans on the issue of the New York Governor. How will this affect all the elections? The ink is not dry and it sounds like this guy has been out of office for a month.

Hard Times for Buglers

  • People don't keep cash at home.
    It Is hard to fence goods these days apparently.
  • Private security (police) for neighborhoods with the ability to arrest people.
    They have time and resources the regular cops just don't have. Great. I want my taxes paying the private cops to watch over my house and family dammit.
  • Home alarms are more prevalent.
  • Better locks, more burger-bars, fewer sliding glass doors.
  • More people lock their doors these days.
    I've always locked doors. My parents drilled it in my head and I think them for it. If someone is not walking threw the door, it should be shut and locked.

No comments: