It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-03-16

The Command Line is Fun


We use Linux because it's fun!
It's fun to tinker with your system. It's fun to change all the settings, break the system, then have to go to recovery mode to repair it. It's fun to have over a hundred distros to choose from. It's fun to use the command line.
Let me say that again. It's fun to use the command line.
No wonder non-Linuxers wouldn't understand.

It's true. It's true. I feel free because I use an OS that I can tinker with. I like breaking the system just so I can learn how to fix it. It is like a gear-head/petrel-head with a car. They just can't leave a working vehicles alone.

It's fun to wirte a script that does the work it would take you five or six hours to complete. Then, you kick it off right before you leave for home and leave six or eight computers pounding away for hours. I will be long asleep before they complete the tasks I've handed them. That's fun to me. That thought puts a smile on my face.

I'm a Linuxer. And I'm proud of it.

Disclaimer - No Microsoft products are used in the generation of content for this blog. At least, not when I can help it.

No comments: