It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-01-08

Toyota Pickup

Nat and I had to rent a Tacoma while we had some work done on the Carola. It was Awesome having a truck. Nat liked it. It fit in the garage. We had the base model, yet it was still very nice to me. Nat would have only wanted a couple of things including a key-less entry. The truck felt good and would work for us.

The economy is not the best. Gas is predicted to hit $4 a gallon before Summer. Perfect time to buy a pickup.

We cannot afford a new car by miles. The Carola is just going to have to last for quite a bit yet.

One notable thing that occurred while Nat drove the truck was her distance between our vehicle and the next. Nat left more room between vehicles while behind the wheel of the truck. I think I know why. First, she sit up much higher. That has the sort of effect that makes one think things are supposed to be further away. For example, sitting in a tree, someone standing ten feet away while you are in the tree seems closer then when you are sitting on the ground. That person seems right on top of you. Second. The angle of the hood on the Carola makes it so that neither of us really see it at all when sitting comfortable in the seats. I think this affects the angle the appearance of the road. This means, there is an illusion of greater distance because you see more road.

There may be some good reasons to get a  taller vehicle. The pickup was basically the same pickup my father has. It was gold and though I meant to take a pictue at some point, I was just plane too lazy.

We have the Carola back. I like it. She has new tires and breaks.

No comments: