It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-01-28

Skills

So, I used some skills today. Skills that I learned on my computer at home though trial, error, more trial, pounding the snot out of something, calming down after a couple beers and more trial. What I did was easy considering I had already done it at home and at work before. That's called experience, right?

Setting up an Apache web server for SSI Server Side Include. It isn't hard,unless you have never heard of SSI. Then you have no idea where to start. It took me ten minutest to set up a server for use with a new page today because I found out I had zero time to convert an entire site from IIS to apache. That is, from asp to html. Go me.

Something I learned today is that Red Hat 8 came out in late 2002. It sucked so bad that it was quickly followed by Red Hat 9, which was a bundle of fixes to Red Hat 8. Thus RH9 was relatively stable. Enterprise Linux has been a challenge. It seems like Linux has been in transition for the last ten years. It isn't transition. Linux is chasing Windows. That is bad because Linux will never be Windows. That is another rant.

This afternoon I applied knowledge I'd learned just messing around.

No comments: