It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-01-17

Kelly-Dodging

A friend of mine is going camping this weekend. There was a time not long ago where I would have thought she was nuts. It is cold and wet this weekend. Who the hell wants to be out in that? Well, I almost wish we were going camping. Since hitting Faire so many times over the last couple years, I've become custom to the out of doors a bit more than I used to be. I'm no Grizzly Adams, but I do enjoy it conditions permitting.

The thing that gets me at Fair is the people, not the camping. The people are the reason I go. They are why I have fun. I think the same goes for Nat. She seems to enjoy hanging out with most folks. There are always abrasions between this group or that. Then there are specific people that piss others off. Then there are people who seem to piss every one off.

I really hope I'm not one of those people. I'm abrasive. I'm hard to deal with sometimes. I try to have good days too. Poor Nat has to deal with me every day. I've recently had a couple of people avoid me. I'm not sure of it. I'm not aware of any thing on my end besides my every day abrasiveness that may have caused the Kelly-dodge. I'll try to be better in all my remaining days than I have been today. Tomorrow, I will do the same.

There have been days where I cal Nat at lunch. She doesn't want to talk for whatever reason, so I call some friends. They don't have time. So, I call my mom. She likes talking to me. How bad do you have to be for your mom to snub you? I hope never to find out.

I have all the social networks. MySpece, Facebook, Yahoo, email, AIM, It never ends. It is a long list of people who would rather do their laundry than talk to me.

People come to my office to talk to Jake. I suppose it is a good thing that so few people come in to talk to me about just nothing. I should count my blessings. I used to hang out with people from my work more before I started working here. I"m trying to think if I have played DnD more than once with these guys since my first day.

Nat and I spoke of the feeling that we are getting cut off from our old social circle. I'm noticing there is a reshuffle going on. As people have kids, get married, get divorced, die (my goodness, people I know are starting to die off) it takes more and more effort to stay in touch. All those methods of staying in contact that I mentioned above just mean you don't try to stay up with what is going on in other people's worlds. Hey, you can just read their Facebook updates. Why bather talking to them? That is a sad, but true statement. Five hundred methods of communications seem to be diluting the communication that occurs.

I wonder if this blog servers as a surrogate for actually talking to me. I doubt it. I have no choice but to write this bloody thing. I need the outlet. Too bad it is not an inlet. People have the ability to leave comments, but no one does any more. It is due to the labyrinth of security questions and the quadratic equation one must solve with work shown to prove you are a human before the comment shows up. Then, I must check it as displayable. I only do that about every five times I leave a note here because I forget to look for the message on the dashboard of Blogger that tells me a person cares enough to lay their opinion down beside mine.

No comments: