It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-10-11

Mommy and Daddy
Looking for your lost parents is a stressful thing. I'm listening to a radio show talking bout some famous people who have tracked down their parents. One of the first things the people say is if your are looking for a solution, or a mommy or daddy, you should not track down your real parents. You should be in a stable place in your life before you dive in. There is no magic bond between you and the stranger you find. You have to build the relationship.
They took a phone call. This guy was pissed that his natural mother would not talk to him. The people being interviewed had to tell him to respect her wishes. I wanted to smack the guy and tell him "maybe you don't want to know her." I suppose, I can't  say anything. I'm not adopted.

Pennies
I have been throwing pennies into a cup at my day job for about five years. The polystyrene cup had "Bucket o' pennies" written on the side. I just took the lot over to the cafeteria and dumped them into one of the take a penny leave a penny dishes next to a cash registers. No one was there when I did it. I'm going to have to go by tomorrow and find out if they survive the evening.
I remember coming home and sorting pennies. We had piles for D or plane. We had piles for year. It was maddening. It's gotten to the point I wish they would abolish cash. I will be the first in line for the universal cash card. In Japan, they use prepaid cards and RFID built into their mobile phones to pay for stuff. No one caries cash.

Bald
I had no idea there was this much information on the net about shaving your head. It has become quite a statement.
Bald R-Us
Product reviews, forum of sorts, a bald hall of fame. This is the site where I learned there are razer specifically designed to shave your head. I also learned the Gellett Mach 3 is one of the preferred razors. I stumbled on it by chance. This is also where I learned the name Michael Berryman. Remember the picture of the mutant biker from Weird Science? That's him. I had no idea he was in so many movies. Many of the character names read something like "Mutant #3".
HeadShaving.org is my favorite. It is just some guy who tried a bunch of stuff and tells the results. I like that. No motivation, Just facts.

No comments: