It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-10-05

Dilemma
At my day job we have this printer. It is just sitting there not getting used. Apparently no one has called it in. No one has called to tell them to haul it off. I bet my company is still paying a huge lease on it. My dilemma is, whether I pull a Wally and ignore it, go use a different printer like every one else. Or, do I pull a Dilbert and try to have the printer fixed or removed?
Silly me is pulling the Dilbert. I don't know where this printer came from or who is paying for it. I just want to stir up shit.

Something I learned today
From Anna (banana) (Anna, if you had a web page I'd link to your here.)
<Anna Start>
Question: Is marine life killed or injured when lightning strikes in an ocean? When lightning hits open water, the current is able to travel through the water quite well. How far away the dangerous current travels is not known, but it's probably on the order of tens of yards. At and very near the strike point--within a few yards--current enters the body of a living organization, resulting in injury or death. At greater distances, the effects are less, so that the current might stun an organism but not kill it. There are few reports of massive fish kills. It may be that there are not too many fish in any single volume in the affected water, they may recover quickly, or maybe larger fish eat the incapacitated fish.
<Anna End>
Her source.

Outsourcing
My mom wants to do computer work out of the house. Secretarial type stuff. She asked me how much I would pay for that kind of work. I sent her the following answer.
We would send most of the outsourced jobs overseas. We still have to pay insurance and social on you even if you are not on the property. In India, people will work for $5 an hour (total out of pocket, not the person's salary) for low tech work. For example, my bill out rate here at my company is $105 an hour. I get $20. The bill out in the Philippines for the same job is $13 an hour and they have a degree. How am I supposed to compete with that?

No comments: