It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-10-24

Brazil
There is some disturbing combinations of news out of Brazil these days. They are getting yelled at for their nuclear efforts. Now they have launched a rocket into space. OK, boys and girls, can you tell me why these two stories scare me?

Turkey
Turkey is trying to join the European union. One of the things Turkey is getting yelled at about is the illiteracy rate of girls.  In rural areas the illiteracy rate is much higher among girls. Turkey really is a two sided country. They fight like mad to join the EU and yet they have people who live hand to mouth on subsistence farms. France has a hard time accepting Turkey because of the immigration problems.
The only thing I remember about Turkey is the this film I saw when I was a kid. Where a guy is nabbed by airport security carrying smack and spends a long horrible time in a Turkish prison. I will not go into what happens to him there. He is there long enough to learn some of the language. He escapes by killing a high level guard and taking one of the officer's uniforms and walking out the front door.

Today
I slept almost the entire day away. I cannot believe it is still Sunday. It feels like no other day. I've slept allot this weekend. It is a shame really. It feels like the weekend has blown by. I only had one thing to do and I didn't get it done.
A friend of mine says she broke up with her boyfriend recently. She was miserable today on email. What she doesn't understand is that she had a relationship. She will have another, probably soon. I on the other hand go for years between relationships. I cannot let it depress me any more. I have to keep moving forward. I have to act like I feel sorry for her pain. She will have some one in two weeks she is interested in and follows around. It will be a couple of years yet for me. That is my prediction. She tells me that I live like this out of choice. I have to tell her that even though she does not understand my life to not call it choice.
I just watched Donny Darko. That is a bad movie to watch when you feel like this. It reminds me of the time I nearly killed myself when I was fifteen. To this day I wonder about all the things that would be different.  I can't think of a single thing that would be better or worse. It seems like everything just is, and would still be without me. I've accomplished nothing. Oh, well. It is off to watch Tooth. That is a much less depressing movie. Maybe I'll have some hot dogs. Those will make everything better.

1 comment:

obiwanchunn said...

When did you almost kill yourself at 15? I don't remember that. Was it somekinda suicide thingamajig? Or was it something else?

I hope that this isn't some bizarre cry for help. I would hope you would be more up front with me than that.