It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-10-21

Brazil may be next
Great! now Brazil is getting into the act. It looks like if you want to have a real leaver in negotiations with the U. S. you start refining nuclear material into fuel. I don't want to pay as high of income tax. Where can I find a centrifuge. I understand they are relatively cheap. That second article is very detailed. It makes me realize why the UN and Europe are out to shut Iran down.

Joke
Four Major League Baseball fans went rock climbing: a Yankee fan, a Red Sox fan, an Astros fan, and a Cardinals fan.
They had been arguing all the way up the mountain about who amongst them loved their team more and was the most "die-hard" fan.  
The argument grew hotter and hotter and the four fans grew more and more agitated. Such was the emotion that upon reaching the top of the mountain, the Yankee fan proclaimed loudly and earnestly to the other three, "This is for the New York Yankees!" and without a moments hesitation threw himself off the mountain. 
The supreme sacrifice!
Not to be outdone by a Yankee fan, the Red Sox fan jumped up and cried out,  "This is for the Boston Red Sox!" and quickly threw himself off the mountain, also willing to sacrifice himself to prove his devotion to his team.
Refusing to be outdone by the Yankee and Red Sox fans, the Astros fan rose to his feet, summoned up every ounce of his courage, and yelled at the top of his lungs,  "This is for the Houston Astros!" and without a moment's hesitation, shoved the Cardinals fan off the mountain. 

Song
Artist: Poe [ Search RP ]
Song: Terrible Thought
Album: Haunted [ Search RP ]

Working Conditions
The real reason for outsourcing. I'm in Houston and we constantly beg the building people to do something about the crappy ventilation. There are a couple of days we wish we could open the windows. Most of the rest of the time, we complain there is no insulation around them. We have a nice area out back with a lake and trees. I would kill to be able to work out there with a wireless net. No dice. Wireless is banned. I would love to work at home in my underware.
I bet the issue is not warmer climate, but one that is in an area with better daylight. I bet a little light therapy would do the trick.

RDF RSS Atom and whatnot.
Good Gosh. Every one in the universe has something to say. I went looking for good RDF links and, let me tell you, I found them. There must be millions of information sources just begging to be listened too out there. That one link lead to a great list of lists and search pages for RDF RSS Atom and other links.

Funky Letters
I've always wondered what an "A" or "AA-" rated stock means? I found this site, but it didn't help.That one only covers debt ratings. Then I lost interest rather quickly.

Wireless
Funny thing about wireless Internet. It takes longer the second time you configure it. I'm not sure why that is, but so far, it is. I configured my old 11 mb connection on the first try. Then, it took me two routers to get it back. This new router and card are 54 mb and the exact same thing happened. It took me 30 seconds to set it up the first time. Then, it took me two hours to get it to work after I made one change.
IThe purpose of this experiment is to stream movies from my other computers (file server). 11 mb just won't cut the mustard. When it logs in at over 38 mb it seems to work. For some reason I had both wireless adapters logging in at the same time. That doesn't help really. It just slows the faster one down.

No comments: