It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-02-16

Last Night's Moon

Last night, as I walked home, I noticed the moon. She slung low over the horizon in the gloom. She had one sliver of shimmer, a sliver of light closest to the earth.  Below her was a halo of light from a stadium behind a hill. To me, the moon looked like a ball frozen in the air just above the ground. The whole moon was visible as a shadow or a ghost image.

There were helicopters and planes flying over the park near the moon. There were planes and bright stars shining in the same piece of sky. The whole thing looked like a light show put on just for me. How often I wonder how many people driving by at top speed look up and notice the majesty of the night's sky. Then I'm glad they don't because it would take their breath away and cause a wreck. Poor bastards. Last night, I was glad to have viewed such a ponderous thing. I feel like I had the scene all to myself.

I wanted to try to capture the magic moment. I just knew that it would never let me do such a thing. The moment was mine. I was simply not aloud to share it. Apologies.

The moon was hanging out this evening low in the sky, but just as cool. She was sinking in blue. Had I waited, She would have gone to red before fading out at the horizon.

No comments: