It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-06-18

Very Local News

There are times I just want something to put down for the blog. One good place to start is to think about what is pissing me off at the moment. This is a good supply most of the time, but I find myself lately having to stop myself from blogging about many of the same old things. This tells me that I'm not fixing my problems. I'm just complaining about them. Bad Kelly.

Contact Lenses

I've been waring my contacts again lately and have all the same old trouble. I'm much more calm about it though. I'm using the new fluid, the bubbly kind. Works great. This tells me the it is not the contacts or fluid. I'm just not longed for warring hem. I've had them in every day since Monday. Nothing too horrible yet. I may come back to this subject later.

Since my contacts are for astigmatism as well as near-sightedness, they must sit a specific way on my eye to work. If they get off, center, they do more harm than good to my vision. They get off center constantly. The blinking of the eye is supposed to put them back in sync. When they get off center, the first and last thing you do, which is also the most difficult, is nothing. Look at something far away, blink and try to think of something else. Something distracting. It never works, but it keeps you from sticking your finger in your eye and really messing things up.

There may be a better brand of contacts to use for every day. It said something about occasional ware on my prescription. Maybe I need to talk to my eye doctor about it. You can't just email your doctor and ask a question. Damn it.

Lunch

I'm tired of not eating lunch. I'm getting used to it, but that is not really a good thing. I should eat. I have high cholesterol so I don't eat the Ramen noodles any more. I don't have much money, so I don't go out very often.  I've cut back on the junk and sodas. I feel like my blood sugar has benefited from my thin wallet.

Music

I have not heard much new music in a long time. I can't stand radio. All the good sites charge or bitch for donations. Where is this information revolution I've heard so much about? My taxes pay for the infrastructure. There are tons of ads. Now they want straight up money for content. I give up. I'm going to stick to making my own content. Since no one will ever pay for it, it remains free. Enjoy.

Broke

Man, I'm sick of being broke. The car is paid off and we managed to put some money in the savings account this month. Not much, but something. About frigging time. Nat has been really good about not giving me crap about being broke. I even bought a watch recently and she has only given me grief fifty or sixty times. What a peach.

No comments: