It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-06-09

Generic Motivation

Marketplace, one of the podcasts I listen to on a pretty regular basis, had a short blurb that said basically "Bribery works in education. Kids are more likely to learn if they are paid in some way." I hate to burst your bubble, but any motivation helps, positive or negative. The part that works is following through on promises and threats. And a real correlation between actions and consequences.

That is the magic bullet. It isn't rocket science. It is not science at all. It is so basic that it should be a given in nearly every situation. Plants respond to motivation. That is why they grow up toward the sun. Falling rocks respond to motivation. That is why they tend to stop when they hit the ground.

How much of my tax money was spent finding out for the ten thousandth time that people need motivation to do things? I'm sick of this.Something has got to give. Read the Bible, Koran, Torah, any text written in the last couple thousand years. They are chucked full of stories about people responding to motivation.

Stop waisting my money.

No comments: