It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-06-26

Elle at bedtime

Elle of course had to go to bed this evening. She tried to get angry about the whole thing. We made her move some cloths from her bed so she could sleep. She stomped from one room to the next while I just stood there watching. She gave me a dirty look and was only scolded when she talked back. I knew she was tired and I knew the best way to teach her a lesson is to not give her the satisfaction of raising my temperature and that her actions would not get her what she wanted. Nothing changed because of her antics. Nothing was gained or lost. The cloths got moved. She went to bed. We tucked her in and vows were exchanged not to let the bed bugs bite. Off we all go on the path of sweet dreams.

Sometimes the best reaction is none. Sometimes that is the lesson for both parent and child.

No comments: