It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-04-17

Duple Core

"Almost every hardware junkie I know would give most anything to take a spin in the new dual core hot rods from Dell or one of the custom system builders. But what if you actually needed that second core to run your anti-virus, spyware detection software and firewall just to get a little gaming or Internet surfing done on the first core. Would that really be a good reason to bring home a shiny new machine? I can think of a couple of different things I could use a second core for but running an iron lung on it just to keep the machine chugging along just isn't one of them. Curiously enough, PCMag thinks that's a perfectly good reason."

Microsoft seems to think the best way to keep Windows running is to have a second computer keeping an eye on the first one. It makes me think of buying a tow-truck to haul your busted, but snazzy new Ferrari around. It doesn't make much sense to me. I'm not sure I want to use an operating system that full of holes.

No comments: