It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-04-02

Day
I have a poker game much later today. I'm looking forward to it. I woke up today at around 4:00 and made some stupid comments on people's blogs. I really should not attempt communication before my coffee. I've turned to reading the professional blogs. I rarely leave comments on those.
There are a bunch of posts on that big story where some chick is brain dead, oh, wait, dead and her parents are suing every living person for having a pulse and offending their dead daughter. I'm sick of hearing about that case.
The Pope is nearly gone. He is eighty something. I did not know there are over a billion Catholics in the world. People seem to be very impressed with this Pope. I never really paid attention, but he has some people very upset for some of his decisions. The death watch holding vigil outside the Vatican kind of disturbs me. It just seems morbid.
The sun just came up. I walked outside to watch it climb over the apartment building in front of mine. I have a lovely view of the parking lot and a bunch of other apartments. I've lived here for nearly seven years and this is the first time I noticed that it sucks.
Speaking of views, I'm about [  ] this close to buying that camera. It is like $400 more than I want to spend. It isn't really the camera I want. The one I really want is $8500. I'm just going to have to get buy with the cheaper model for a couple of years. Wait! I haven't actually decided to buy it yet. I will be saving $7300 or so. STOP! Kelly.
I just got off the phone with my father. They are going to a wood working show. They asked me if I want to go, but I think not. I'm so, not into wood working. I prefer the cold soulless empty feel of metal and plastic.

Gas Prices
I ride the bus. Not only is it $1.00 a ride, but I'm legally blind and I ride basically for free. I pay $4 every year to get the ID. Every day lately I've seen (in huge writing big enough for me to read) the price at a local gas station go up and up. It now costs more for a gallon of gas the the whole commute on the bus for an entire day. I know it is subsidized by taxes (I work for a living. I pay plenty of taxes.), but it is still nice not to have that riding my butt.

T-Shirt

Right Handed
Conservative
Heterosexual
Males
Are Creative Too!

OK, so I'm really asexual. The people reading the t-shirt don't have to know that. I hope the irony of white boring letters on a black boring background representing the creative thought process hits every one between the eyes. See, we are funny too. It just keeps getting better. =]

Blogger
I tried to stop there and publish this entry. Blogger is having one of its bad days. I wouldn't be surprised to hear  that blogger is on a feeding tube soon. It is giving me some bullshit Java error about a timeout. Yes, timeout. I like that one. Blogger is seriously pissing off allot of their customers. I know I'm using the free part of the software, but I bring some hits to Blogger's sandbox. They should fix the damn thing, and quick. They are loosing some people who actually pay for the service. Three of the blogs I frequent have recently moved off Blogger. The funny thing is, they are moving to their own servers. Maybe they will get the idea how difficult it is to keep one running.

Thank God!

Retailers' love affair with mail-in rebates may be coming to an end.
In response to customer complaints, Best Buy Co. Inc., the world's largest electronics retailer, promised Friday to eliminate mail-in rebates within two years. Best Buy's rivals, including Circuit City Stores and CompUSA, are expected to follow suit.
"Our customers are telling us they just hate the process," said Ron Boire, executive vice president and general merchandise manager at Best Buy.
...
Last month, the Federal Trade Commission said for the first time that retailers could be held liable when manufacturers fail to honor rebate requests. The FTC said CompUSA told consumers that rebate checks would be mailed within six to eight weeks, but many consumers experienced delays of months and never got their checks.

I have not bough products because they had rebates. I have chosen products that cost more, but do not have a rebate because I hate the frigging things. I have actually gotten my mother to fill in the paperwork for me. How pathetic is that?
I have always thought that suppliers give rebates to sellers because the price should have dropped, but instead of refunding the seller, they offer a manufacturer's rebate to keep the price competitive. Stores get into the act with a seller's rebate to move things off the shelf. On items that have multiple suppliers like pre-built computers, you have a manufacturer's rebate on the hard drive, operating system, monitor, and goodness knows what else. Come on. How many of these things are we supposed to deal with. I really hope this is not some left over April Fool's joke.

No comments: