It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-08-03

The Wheel of Time (Continued)
Book four, done. People keep saying it is one of the best books. I think it was the best so far. I hope there is not too much of a down hill slide. I've herd book five is the most difficult to get through. I've noticed I don't always get the people right. Sometimes I cross who did what. I can hardly blame myself. I should have taken notes. Min did this, Rand did that. Something else I noticed about the fourth book was a touch of comedy. "Don't call me that."

Austin
My evening job is talking about moving to Austin. I would love that. Not only is it a more pleasant climate,but the transportation is by far better. Austin just feels more like home. There are hills and trees. I like the layout of the city. There is this thing called zoning that was intelligently applied decades ago, so it kind of works now. I hear driving in Austin can be a chore, but I will be on public transit, or in a cab, so that isn't too much of a concern. My parents might freak. I don't have a girlfriend or career to hold me back.
Houston is ugly. It is built on a grassy swamp. It floods. It is humid. The mosquitoes will carry off small children. It is a nightmare to get around. The air is nasty. There are hurricanes. Can I move today?

War
How well we kill ourselves. We get better at it every day. So prowed we are of ourselves. We keep track in the news papers. We watch it on TV. The deadly in pools of their own will, just  out of camera shot.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

This just shows how people read different things. Any post titled "Wheel of Time" or anything like it I just skip. That's why your headlines are so great for your eclectic topics. It could contain the words "Hey Cynthia, want a million bucks?" and I'd never ever see it.