It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-05-28

Crabby <from email>
I'm in a crabby mood today. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around anything. It is 10:00 and I've been at work for four hours. It is a Friday. The two people who tell me what to do all day are gone. It is a three day weekend. Yet, I'm in a bad mood. It is stress. This time it it evening job stress. When I get home, I just want to collapse. i haven't been able to do that lately. The only bit of fun I have lately is griping at everything and every one in my blog. I'm off to lunch in a bit and I hope my day will pickup (my attitude anyway) after that.

Ferocious.
Photo of lion and cub.

Three day weekend
Today is the Friday before Memorial day. I have friends going to the beach. I can't imagine taking on the beach. It is supposed to rain this Monday. Houston is like that. Some other friends are headed to Chicago in a week. Another friend is headed to Big Bend park (actually she is there as I type). She should have a blast. Big Bend is not crowded at any time. My parents are headed to a park Wet of San Antonio for the weekend. I have some work i would like to get done. I may not leave my apartment this weekend. A bunch of people took today off. I have a hundred hours of PTO (Paid Time Off), but nothing to do, nowhere to go, and no one to go with.

Lunch
Who am I supposed to go to lunch with? Here the last couple of weeks I've felt the sting of politics at my office. There is a group of people I have been going out to lunch with for a while. Not every day. I enjoy getting out of the office. I need the interaction to be honest. I don't get enough people time in my day to day life. I've recently started coming in a half hour earlier so I can take the full hour lunch. Many tell me that it doesn't matter. The time at lunch is forgiven. I will not allow myself to give in. I have to make up the time  That is a different story about office politics.
This story about office politics involves two companies. I finally have a conflict between the two groups of people I work with. The funny thing is, I don't think either set of people really cares. it still bugs me. I am paranoid about social stuff.  I have no idea how to handle the situation. I've been splitting my time. The only reason I go from one group to the other is a need to spread myself around. Play the social butterfly. I will start to limit the number of days I go out to lunch to about two days a week. This will not only save me some social trouble, but some money as well.
A third story about office politics.
Today at lunch I had a disaster socially. it wasn't that bad, but it makes me really uncomfortable. It is one of those situations where you confide in some one and they think you want them to do something to fix the trouble. I told person one that I didn't like person two. Is that not how all of these things start. Why do I tel any one anything? We all had plans to go to lunch. Person one was off to pick up her boyfriend and person two was supposed to give me a ride. Now I have a serious conflict. Person one insists on taking me and making her boyfriend drive himself. Ironically, we end up in a booth and, naturally, I end up sitting next to person two. It isn't that I hate this person. I just find her annoying and cant look her in the eye without wanting to turn and walk away. This is another good reason to stop going out to lunch.

No comments: