It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-08-19

The yard

Some call it a yard.
To other folks it is a garden.
If it has a wall it may be a court yard.
My yard is a mess.

The weeds want to take control.
The ants want the same.
The birds eat all they can of the ants.
I need a goat for the grass.

I've wondered many times if the grass cars to be mowed.
The ants, I'm sure, do not like being poisoned.
The ground likes being tilled.
The house wouldn't mind a coat of paint.

We have two surviving young trees.
They like being watered and weeded.
The landscaping is an abomination to nature and order.
If only I drive or green magic to help things live.

One day I will build a golem from broken toys.
This construct will weed the yard and water the trees.
it will trap the field mice and stomp the ants.
It will mend the fence and never forget to lock the gate.