It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-08-26

Sick of being lied to

The media is light up by Obama's vacation status. The liberal sources say he is working while on vacation and cover what green stuff he is doing. Never mind the jets and entourage he drags around with him. The conservative media is afraid to complain too much about Obama's vacations because they want him on the job as little as possible. No one wins. Hang a "gone golfing" sign on the front door of the White House.

The Wiki Leaks guy is on the run or in hiding more or less. I personally feel he should be targeted by the CIA for assassination and the trail should lead right back to the CIA and every one should know exactly what happened. I'm listening to a radio podcast from an Australian station know as RRR (triple 'R'). The chick talking is sympathetic to the guy having to deal with rape charges and making joking comments about who is on the take. I didn't catch who she thought ways paying. Frigging bias Australian radio.

I feel like I'm being lied to by every one who wants to talk to me. Advertisers, tech support, news media, the government, preachers, even broke princes from Africa who just need a helping hand laundering money. Every one wants a piece of me and I'm tired of it. Is it or is it not against the law to lie to people? What about if people just have a bias because they believe something different from me? Does that count.

Bias is a difficult argument. You have to have a bias to have an opinion. Once you have an opinion, you have bias. It is a catch twenty two.

Another story I heard about was this number found via a poll that said 2x% of Americans believe Obama is a Muslim. When interviewing a liberal one of the shows just took the guys word that this is due to conservative who hate Obama because he is black. No one on the show questioned his conclusion. I would like to have heard where the hell he got the demographics that were not available from the study. The statement just slipped by. Oh, well, it must be conservatives. It couldn't just be stupid people who don't have the sense to avoid answering the phone at dinner time.

Polls are another thing. Who is answering these polls? I've never been polled. I screen my calls. If I don't recognize the number I do not answer except by mistake. I'm in Texas. Maybe they don't poll down here. I have a land line, but it doesn't ring. I mark any unrecognized email as spam. I do not take online surveys because many are fronts to get your phone number and spoof your bill. I give survey people at the stores an evil "don't mess with me" scowl. I'm pretty good at it apparently.

No one wants my opinion. No one cars about my bias. They only want to sell me things. They only want my vote. Truth does not enter in to it. Money is a bias as well.

No comments: