It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-08-30

day

Home Script

Remember me complaining about moving all my media under a per date format? Well, I did so. It works great. I upgraded my sly script for home use. This starts a new blog html file and creates a 'current' link to the current date folder.

This script is written in bash. Bash sucks. I prefer Python. This script was already written in bash so it stays in bash. One day I might upgrade it. This willing to happen until I have some free time at work. This is the way that IT professionals say never. We do not have, by definition, free time.

Things I need to do when I have time
  • Upgrade the firmware of a desktop to test the one USB stick thing that will not work for one of our employees.
  • Figure out where several retired bits of equipment belong besides under my tables.
  • Track down all the USB keys.
What I did today
  • Setup IPs for like ten pieces of equipment.
  • Figure out why two users have trouble sharing a file. This to a couple hours. I left thinking I need to replace a messed up switch.
    • Find a bandwidth tool.
    • Figure out how to ping -f.
    • crawl under fifteen desks and track wires for hours.
    • unplug network cables and go hunting around for dark connections while using people's complaints to help track down the destination.
  • Make a release for one of our products.
  • Set up systems for shipping.
  • Ignore the script I was supposed to spend this morning fixing. I spent the morning fixing the network problem for the same person.
  • Fix a broken IP for a different user.
  • Change the password on routers.
  • Setup Windows update for a bunch of computers.
  • I documented something, bu I do not remember what.
  • Be sick all day and complain, but no one cares. I'm out of sick days.

And all in like 10 hours. There was a bunch of other junk that I forgot.

We had Chinese for dinner. I've consumed NiQuil. Later looser. I'm off to have funky dreams.

No comments: