It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-02-14

Video

I'm trying to rescue the video I shot of dungeons and dragons this past Friday. I was saying that if I could save 30 seconds I would call it a win. The trouble with this idea is the length of possible clips is long. Too long. The jokes all require setup and a rolling sort of movement through the conversation. The jokes are also nearly all inside, or based on inside information to the group.

I have almost conquered the issue of being able to edit video along side the sound that was recorded at the same time. This sounds like something obvious to any one who has edited video, but not, it seems, on Linux. This is too much to ask.

By fluxing around with the sound settings in each program, I've achieved editing with shitty video and the machine not grinding to a halt and the software not crashing before the end of a single edit. I have gotten the audio to a point I can understand most of what is said. That is more than I expected. I'm used to never getting what I want out of computers running Linux.

Even though I have the editor working to the point of usefulness, there may yet not be a dnd video.

Something else I've noticed about my videos lately a blurry area on the right side of the video. If I remove the wide angle lens I bought, the blurry bit seems to go away. This is annoying because I paid money for that thing. The drop in quality is starting to make me question its usefulness.

No comments: