It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-02-27

Podcasts

I went through my list of podcasts and cleaned up some of the old dead links. Then I killed some of the links that I never listen to.  I wound up with a pretty short list.

Typically, I only listen to podcasts at work. I've noticed that I skip over things like the Sunday morning talk shows. I would rather read blogs complaining about the Sunday morning talk shows. I listen to NPR, bur I do not like most of the attitude or direction they push in their shows. I like to listen to news shows, but they get on my nerves in shorter and shorter lengths of time as I get older.

The kind of podcasts that I like to listen to is fiction. I just added a bunch of fiction podcasts to my download lists. If you google it, dozens of lists come up.

There are a dozen or so geek podcasts I listen to. I've learned a lot, but I mostly gripe at the headphones about how I would do it differently or how 90% of what they talke about would not work on Linux. You are not a true geek unless you use Linux dammit. You get the idea.

The thought of listening to fiction appeals to me from my child hood. My mom bought me my first audio book. It was Sindbad and the 40 thieves. Then came the books on tape from the Lightouse for the Blind. They are jsut the Texas Library for the Blind or something like that now. I get about a book a month or something like that. I listen to them as I go to bed. The one I'm listening to now is all about Deep Space 9. Every one dies and there is some time thing going on. It is annoying. You can get most any kind of book. I've chosen Science Fiction. "Keep them coming." method of picking which book. I suppose they just throw the next random book from the pile in my queue. I like it.

No comments: