It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-06-29

Wimbledon

As a kid I hated Wimbledon. It came on in the middle of Summer and kicked all my TV shows (cartoons and daytime TV) off the air long enough to piss me off. Wimbledon lasts like two weeks. The neighborhood pool didn't open for business until Wimbledon was under way for that two weeks. Remember this is in the day when there were three channels. We got cable late in the game.

Tennis was particularly on my shit list because I could not play any ball sport due to my vision.  Still, I would have hated it just for the TV thing.

Now, I download podcasts from the BBC. Those folks are simply mad for Wimbledon. I'm not sure I get it. It was only this year that there is a cover over the stadium. Every year, the thing got rained out on an hourly basis. People seemed to enjoy taking it in stride and carrying on. Now, they comment on the sunny hot weather and joke the roof will remain open for the duration. figures.

No comments: