It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-06-15

Weekend

Sunday, we met my parents for lunch after their church. They took Elle for Saturday and were now dropping her off. The brought over a kitchen table and the whole family put it together upside down on the kitchen floor. We had tamales at my parent's favourite hole in the wall over by our house. Good stuff, but I can't eat it very often.

I mowed the yard after 17:00 and it nearly killed me. The heat was crazy. I was fine, and still fine, still fine, then I was not fine. I started stumbling in the back yard which is a sun oven at that time of day. I ran round to the front and doused my head and feet with water to cool off. I just sat there watching cars go by and people inside the cool enclosed vehicles give me funny looks sitting in a rapidly drying wet spot in the middle of my now shaded driveway. The yard got mowed. I survived.

When i got back to work I noticed that a bunch of people had blah weekends. The theme was "got nothing done". Not a bad thing.

Nothing creative was written. Nothing was researched. The Fedora upgrade took it out of me. Damn shame that. I finished a book that was an official Star Wars post-qual. It was a story about all the characters. It is interesting reading a book that dives straight in to plot without any character development what so ever. The author dives straight in assuming you know every one by heard. Which, I do.

Iran had elections last week and a weekend, beginning of the week for them, of protests. It hurts watching the people rally, cry for freedom, challenge the police, get shot by police, and come back for more. Someone said that the votes were never looked at. The supreme leader simply wrote down the name and the percentage next to it. It is all over the internet. Twitter delayed system maintenance to make sure people had a way to communicate what was going on in Iran.

No comments: