It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-06-22

Very Local News

Burning down the house

The firecracker bin is back in the parking lot across the street. I try so very hard to not wish bad things on people. I do wish very bad things on the people making money off that firecracker bin. As dry as it is, there is going to be a fire.

FYI, I will have the cops on speed dial if I catch any one popping firecrackers within X number of feet of that frigging box. I'm not giving in. I will video it and find out who to complain to and get the owner of the property fined if I can. I'm sick of this crap.

Technology

Next month you will be able to get 128GB thumb drive. Yes, 128GB on a key sized drive. This is nuts. I just bought a 16G for moving data around. I feel gypped. When the 128GB comes out the 16GB will half in price. What's next, sliced bread?

I don't think you can get a USB 3.0 device yet, but Ubuntu will have support for it in the next sub release coming out next month or the month after. Cool beans. Yet another reason to convert my home systems to Ubuntu. Fedora blows huge green donkey balls.

Money

Microsoft Money is dead. Quicken has won the battle of the financial software. I read a couple years ago that Microsoft Money had never made a dime. There will be no more support or updates.

I use a spreadsheet to keep track of expenses. It is not extremely useful. It lets me know where the money goes. I probably should use something like Quicken. I'm far to lazy to keep it up. I've used Quicken. I've never used used Microsoft Money.

No comments: