It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-06-22

Petrol and springs

I lost the frigging spring to the weed whacker yesterday. I got all of a bout ten feet of side walk done and the string hung up. I had to pull the spindle and work a knot loose. Of course, I lost the spring that is really a lynch pin for the entire weed-whacking industry. The fate of our time line was at stake for the sake of a $0.20 spring that is still lying in my grass somewhere, never take it's presents know again. Until, that is, it is thrown my the lawn mower through one of the front windows.

Do you have any idea how much mayhem one could cause with the right knowledge and a large enough gift card from Home depot? Is that me laughing and ringing my hands?

I also picked up a gas can. Get this. It is full of gasoline, has "keep out of the reach of children." written all over it, and has this child proof handle thing that requires flipping a switch and holding a leaver while pouring. What is the point. I only wanted a container that had a functioning spout that let me poor without spilling. I guess this will work.

The gas can I was using had a broken lid from day three or so. I had been using duct tape to keep dust out of the gas. I used it for two-stroke gas because it was one gallon. Trouble is, it is more than a gallon, or the new one is less than a gallon because I poured the contents of the old in the new and had gas left over. This means the measure of two-stroke oil is off either in the old container, not enough oil, or in the new container, too much oil. I would rather ere on the side of too much to be honest.

Home Depot had the part I needed. I had t buy the spindle and spring. No biggy. It seems to work. They of course had anti-plant-based-alien weed-whacking accessories as well. Ah, that helicopter blade thing looked handy.

No comments: