It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-06-10

My Bad

I blew up a motherboard at work. I was replacing the heat sync on one of the processors and managed to kick the processor loose. While re-seating it, I bent a pin and did not notice. The system never powered on again.

Come to think if it, I've never set a processor that ended up working. I think that from now on, I'll track down someone else to seat those things for me. I mean, that is not a bad limitation if I'm honest. It only takes a second and a steady hand.

It really upsets me that I did this. Somehow, I should have known about this in advance and asked someone for help. Motherboards and processors cost money.

Then I fixed a bunch of stuff and then I fixed a bunch more stuff. I should not let this hold me back to be honest.

No comments: