It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-07-22

Very Local News

  • Went to lunch with some friends. We ate grilled buffalo and jalapeños burgers. I felt like I gained ten pounds. I'm glad no one one expected much this afternoon. I'm glad I finished up a bunch of work this morning. Felt like I was going to die there for a while. Those burgers were the size of softballs.
  • I've been hearing green this and green that. Now green collar workers. These are the people who make their living off the made up wealth of carbon credit trading. So, Gore et al.
  • NPR sucks.
    • Some guy tried to say that 90% of the cells in the human body are bacteria. I'm calling BS on that one.  To Google!!
    • NPR had a story about how much Europeans are ga-ga over Obama. They can have him. I'm sure the rest of the world would love a handsome articulate gullible fool in charge of the U.S..
    • Another guy was on Talk of the Nation podcast today. He was like you know, ... something. .... Oh, I mean an idiot. He was talking about education or reverse white flight or something like that. His canter was distracting. He sounded like a dumbass. Like ... you know. No, you are here to tell me. That is supposedly why I'm listing to the frigging podcast.
    • Every goddamn story from NPR is deliberately spun to talk about environmental change. Isn't that change bad?  But don't they want change from the new president? Is that what the Obama sound bite means? "I'm the candidate of <whisper>climate<end whisper> change!" That would be funny.
    • Some other chick came on and could not get through the first sentence of her shpeel before saying "you know". I terned it off.
  • Nat had dinner on the table when I came home. That felt kind of cool.
  • Helped give Elle a bath.
  • Watched a movie called "The Contract". It was pretty good. I think the teacher would have lost it long before the end of the movie.
  • Burned some data DVDs.
  • Read some blogs. That is, my computer read some blogs to me. I used the same espeak reader at work today for work stuff. It was great having it installed. It helped greatly.

No comments: