It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-07-17

Very Local News

  • Blogging from death row. How am I supposed to follow that?
  • More bad news on manufacturing. Just plane bad. It may be true that GM is in bad enough shape that the old gal will go bely up. I cannot imagine a U. S. without GM somewhere. Not that I haven't seen this coming. Part of me hopes GM pulls it off and stays what it is right now. Part of me hopes GM is not sold off to Chinese or  UAE, though it would server we Americans right.
  • While standing at the bus stop this morning, I noticed the light changing and one whole side of the road just sat there for a couple seconds. I'm not sure, but I think they were all just not paying attention. Someone honked and they all took off at the same moment. This made me think. The people at  the front of the line at light have the stress taken off and there for may become complacent. People farther back may feel like they have less control over the situation and thus pay better attention to the light. That or the angle of the sun made it more difficult for people at the front of the line to see the light than the people in the back.
  • I am burned out on climate change or global warming or what the fuck ever those bleeding heart pinkos are calling it these days. It seems to me they have to keep moving the targets in order to keep people interested. People have made careers out of making the public fear their tail pipes.  It makes me scratch my head when I remember that the term climate change came before the current energy crisis and food crises and financial crises. ...
  • My goatee has gotten long enough that people are calling it a beard. I think I'm the only one at the company with a beard at the moment. I must trim my mustaches. It is driving me up the wall. Nat refuses to let me use any of the dozen sets of sizers in the house.I suppose I'm going to need a dedicated set to appease her. Not a battle I choose to fight. When it turns white and is long enough to throw over my shoulder, I will call myself a Zen Master, just for the hell of it.
  • Dr Karel disagrees with Myth Busters about breaking a wine glass with the naked human voice. He things the Myth Busters guy may have used diamond rings to put small nicks on the glass when no one was looking or some other shenanigans.  He and some colleagues did some experiments and figured the amount of energy needed to break a wine glass was too great for a normal human voice. Just one more layer to a wonderful myth in my opinion.
  • I got espeak working at work. It had been a while since I had a reader at work. I had some time this afternoon while waiting on people to get me something I can use. I got one out of seven somethings at 17:30 or so. Thanks guys.

No comments: