It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-07-12

Ubuntu on the laptop

So, I tried full Ubuntu on the laptop. It boots off the CD, but will not run the install program. Oh, the network does not work when booted from the CD. The network works under Xubuntu, but not the sound. There is some goof-ball error during bout that complains in a manor that looks like a core dump. Then it just boots like it did before. I'm at my end. This old laptop is not going to work for my needs. Thanks Adam. It has been fun playing with the box, but do you want it back? Xubuntu runs, but no sound.

All I'm really looking for is open office and wireless networking. I want to view PDF files and google stuff while playing DnD. I want to view movies and read blogs from other rooms in my place. I would also like to take the laptop along if we ever do go places that have connections to help me blog cools stuff as apposed to crappy stuff like lately.

That isn't too much is it?

No comments: