It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-07-28

Saturday evening

Went to a friend's place Saturday evening. We had a ball. Stayed a little too late. Didn't have so much as a beer. It was so very fun. Just hanging out and shooting the breeze. There was some kind of "Anaconda III" marathon thing on the SciFi channel. It provided an hour or more of conversation and entertainment.

The food was great . Several folks contributed to the barbecue. The beans were amazing. My mouth waters just thinking about them. Deviled eggs, home made potato salad, chicken and ribs, all great stuff. Heck, even the coffee was good thanks to some real half and half. I forgot how good that is.

I love going out to Tony and Christos's (Mom's) place. It is dark when it gets dark. I brought my camera, but didn't catch many pictures of people. I caught some of the farm area stuff. The moon was not cooperative. Last year Nat and I went out there for Fourth of July and I fell in love with the moon shining through the trees. I hadn't brought a tripod. I brought the tripod this time, but hadn't checked the moon's schedule. Mom said "You will have to try again sometime." We also spoke of the fireflies. She recommended Spring time for those pictures.

I walked around the property in the pitch darkness. I could just make out the trail and could almost make out branches in my way without a flashlight. Not quite. The only lights are from neighbor's places and stars. There is a bit of a glow from the city still. Not as much as normal. I'm glad I can still fake it even at 39 years old. As I told Mom, "I don't get to see dark that often."

Nat had to drive there and all the way back again. I wish I could drive if only to save her the trouble half the time.

Part of me would love to live out on some land like that. I can't. I need to live near a source of transportation.  It would drive me nuts to live out where it is that quiet. I'm not the self-reliant type if I'm honest. I would have a hard time taking care of that much area. Hell, they have trouble keeping an eye on everything. That is another post.

They are good people from top to bottom. I'm proud to call them friends.

No comments: