It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-07-17

Lost Stick

I lost my flash thumb drive this morning. I noticed it wasn't in the pocket of my back pack. I turned the office over and ran around looking up the skirts of all the machines I might have put it in. Nothing. Just as I'm trying to come up with a list of suspects, I think, you know, I should look in the back pack more thoroughly. So, I start pulling things out of the bag like I always do when I'm looking for something in the bottomless pit of lost things I use for personal storage. Sure enough, it had fallen out of the pocket that it is normally in and fallen in to one of the other pockets. This probably happened when my bag got dumped upside down. This only happens occasionally because the bottomless pit of lost things does not like being jostled.

The huge corporation was the company where I worked where things were most likely to be taken. The two smaller companies less so. I guess that boils down to people knowing each other and the faceless anonymous feel of a monstrous company. There may have been a feeling of "they can afford it" because some people there made very good money. I was not among them.

No comments: