It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-06-01

Texas Baby Shower

Went to a friend's place for a baby shower today. I have to say, it was the best baby shower I've ever been to. I had no intention of going until a friend of mine sent me a text saying the guys were having a party down the street "bring meat". This buddy is Heath. Heath is the guy who can cook BBQ like no one's business. I hope God doesn't take a liking to BBQ any time soon.

Heath and Nickie are having a baby soon. I just love how political correctness has us mentioning the father in that statement. Lets face it, men are done in eight seconds. Anything beyond that is etiquette on the part of women. I do like being included in the party though. This idea of having a barbecue for the guys while the women go over the gifts four times in the house is great. Nat and I brought a bunch of baby stuff and potato salad. Oh, and a watermelon that never got eaten. We were promised it would not go to waist.

Abby hits the Air-Force soon. I don't know how long she will be gone, but she will be missed. I know she will do well in the military. I know she will be just fine. I hope she finds her way back to the group sometime. She had a going away party that took a couple people away from the baby shower. That's fine. That is not a problem. Both events were timely and just needed to happen when they did. Besides, it provides a choice for some folks. I'm all for that.

Some really good things happened today. They all involved communication and growing toward one another. Any time something like that happens, it is a good thing.

The food was amazing. Heath was in form. I don't think anyone touched the potato salad. The watermelon went untouched. We ate meat. It was great.

I've already begun planning Nat an my baby shower / barbecue. No, Mom, we are not expecting. (yet.) Heath can park the trailer in the field next door. We will run an extension cord for the radio. Maybe we will hold the whole thing somewhere else. I don't think the neighbors could take it.

Let's see, did I learn anything that I can put in the blog? I heard some war stories. I learned that I'm not the only one who has a hard time drinking beer and instead has a glass of wine every now and then. I learned that red necks still like Camaros.. Red necks are just as likely to talk computers as guns these days. People still say "What is wrong with kids these days?" and "The problem with kids these days is ______." Insert air conditioning, too much time on TV/computer, lack of spankings, lack of religion, lack of the family unit, too much moving around. The list is endless. Hell, we agreed that kids should be aloud to eat dirt. They all do it. It must be natural.

No comments: