It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-06-03

Summer Day and Evening

The apartment complex next to work was full of kids playing in the pool. Shrieking with happy abandon. Playing. Swimming. I stood on top of the parking garage on the cement in the heat listening ... and nearly wept.

It sounded like my child playing in the water. Elle loves the water. She loves everything. She is a beautiful smart emotional child. Last night Trever and Elle plaid on the couch for an hour. Poor Trever nearly collapsed. The scene was one that will stay with me.

When it was time for bed, Elle fussed a bit, but then gave in and wished me sweet dreams. She does that when I tuck her in. I wish them back, but she beets me to it. That is kindness. That is empathy. She is a kind, gentle human being.

Then I hear her growl "Merlin! Give me a hug!!" as she cackles down the hall chasing the cat. Good times.

No comments: