It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-06-23

Old George

George Carlin died yesterday. He was a funny man in small doses. He was too political for prolonged exposure in my book. I laughed at his jokes. I felt some of his pain. Once he said "You ever looked at your watch, someone asked you what time it was, and you had no idea. You gotta look at your watch again?" I thought I was the only one who did that up to that point. I got hits off his internet radio station for a little while because I wrote a little review.

When I was a kid I had some tapes my father bought. They were of comedy routines of Richard Prior, Robin Williams, and George Carlin. I listened to them for hours. I broke them out weeks later and listened to them again.

Imagine a scene. You are looking at the back of a nun playing some friendly little ditty on the piano. As the camera circles around the nun you realize she is smoking a fat cigar. At that moment, Gorge turns around in a habit and grows 'What the fuck are you lookin' at!?"

I believe in God. I have a hard time with religion.

R. I. P. Funny man.

No comments: