It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-06-09

Offended, or not Offended

We have internet kiosks at work .These are computers in the hall in little alcoves that absolutely every one can see even from far down the hall. The idea is to make sure no one is waisting time on the internet when they should be working. Not a bad idea.

At lunch today, I walked around the parking garage complaining about work crap to myself as usual. Worry not, it is all generic gripes, no names or proprietary information. When I cam back in, I got on one of the internet machines to hit Dilbert and User Friendly for a geek infusion. While I'm there trying to read the graphics, one of the other guys sits down and says "Kelly, I don't know how you do it."

I'm like "Do what?" Then I realized he meant sit that close to the computer and read something. I answered "It is the only way I can read. I don't have a choice."

I didn't mean it to sound as if I were offended. I wasn't. I made up my mind a long time ago not to be offended when simple things like that happen. I just answer and move on. I hope the person I was talking to was not put off.

No comments: