It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-06-16

Homosexuality

I haven't had time to think about this subject much. I have no opinion on  whether or not same sex marriages are just or an abomination. I don't really car. Honestly, I think the stat should not recognize marriage at all. It should be a religious thing in my opinion.  This is one of those subjects that just keep coming up no matter what you think or what side you are on.

Genetics and Environment

I've heard that like so many other things in our existence, homosexuality is based on a combination of genetics and environment. How in the world would a homosexual gene propagate through generations? Wouldn't the gene die off? Well, no. Because for at least the last couple thousand years, people have been very strongly encouraged to act normal and have babies. I bet the pressure has been on longer than that. Kings want subjects to rule after all.

This pressure put on by rulers and religions contributes to the longevity of the gene. The more strongly you enforce the no homosexuality rule, the more it becomes taboo and thus exciting. Not only that, but you make people who really have no interest in multiplying, multiply to cover their elicit behavior. They will get married and have children to keep from being kicked out of society. This propagates any genes in question.  It may also propagate the environment required to go along with the genes.

Raising Children

I bet genetics are more of an influence than environment. You can't make someone a genius without the genetic pretense. You can't make someone a leader without a bit of proper breeding. I think the same goes for homosexuality/homosexuality. I have no proof of any of this. I'm sure I'm wrong. Let me know if you know better. I say it takes both.

The dilemma is, if homosexuality were a choice, then one could choose not to be homosexual. The other side of the coin says that if there is a genetic switch, someone might come up with a way to throw that switch or a 'cure' for homosexuality. I don't think either is completely true of false. They just exist.

Resolution

There is no resolution because there is no problem. All the people who want to get "married" to someone of the same sex should be aloud. People who want to adopt kids who are the same sex should be considered right along side other couples. People who think it is morally wrong should not do it. They should also be aloud to tell other people it is wrong.

I do not have a line by line belief structure for this topic. I just want every one to fuck-off and stop clogging the news feeds with crap about what bits bump against what other bits. I'm sick of it.

No comments: