It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-06-01

Got KTTS working

OK, I may not switch to Ubuntu tonight. I was gentlemanly considering making the move back to Ubuntu tonight, when I finally got KTTSmgr working again. The voice is different. It doesn't read as fast, but it kind of works well enough for me to get by. I need to find a better more stable software package for text to speech. One that is not included by the OS, so OS updates will not continue to kill it nearly every time I upgrade. Text to speech is obviously on the back burner of Linux updates. Fedora gets a momentary reprieve.

I was looking pretty hard at Ubuntu. It is nice. It has some features I like. The software updates seem to be kept up to date for the most part. I know KTTS works, but I wonder if they have something else that works better. Ubuntu is more popular than Fedora. I know why. Fedora is an after thought or a means of beta for Red Hat. Not sure I want to strap myself to that any more.

No comments: