It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-04-21

Very Local News

  • Going from Friday the 18th to Monday the 21st seems like more than two days in between.
  • The company I work for now is a small company trying to become a larger company. The trouble with this is more meetings. The trouble is, the meetings are helping. I'm so torn. People are communicating. Grooves are getting greased. The bad thing about this is that it will lead to more meetings. It is the 10% 90% issue. You get 90% functionality with the first 10% of effort. It takes 90% effort to get to the last 10% functionality. In other words, there are a lot of seemingly useless meetings waiting in the wings to be made.
  • The power blinked at lunch today, in the party room .The conversation instantly turned to  how we are coming as a company on some new procedures about power outages.
  • No offense to my Catholic friends, but I'm sick of hearing about the Pope. Hopefully, the news cycle will cycle to  to something else now. I am impressed that he speaks English and Spanish as well as German and probably Latin.
  • I put up the other ceiling fan in Elle's room this evening. I still didn't burn the house down. I'm getting better at this sort of thing. This one went up pretty easy. I'll reserver judgment until it runs without issue for a while. Elle helped. She is happy to have a fan. It does seem to help with air flow in the room.
  • Attempted to order my first book from NLS (National Library Services). Freakonomics. I attempted to order by email. We shall see how well that works out. It seems like they are set up to use the phone. The search engine is definitely a requirement. How are blind people expected to search through fifteen catalogs?
    Wish me luck.

No comments: