It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-04-25

DnD

I went to play DnD last night. It was a ball. I didn't really plan on doing it. Adam corralled me and twisted my arm. I had to barrow books and dice. At least I had a pencil. It's all a bunch of people from work and Bryan from my childhood. t was great to see Bryan again. I was trying to think of the last time I ran in to him. It has been some time.

It felt so got hanging out  with my geek buddies and cracking bad jokes and eat Chinese food over a horizontal white board sitting on a ping-pong table. I really needed a geek-out evening. Nat was a real trooper. She was happy to let me go and happy when I came home. She and Elle hung out at home. That is another story. I'll let Nat tell it if she wants too.

Laptop

I've decided to get the laptop that Adam gave me up and running at least enough to use for a character editor at the get together. I think it will work. The sound card does not work due to drivers. The screen is dim. The screen may be a killer. The OS on it right now is the cut down version of Ubuntu designed for old shitty laptops. It has Open Office and Firefox. That's pretty much all I need.

Fedora might work on it, but I only have the DVD at the moment. I don't want  to download the existing Fedora 8 because Fedora 9 comes out in like two weeks. Maybe I'll worry about it then. Not sure the Laptop has the balls for new full featured OS packages.

Every one at DnD either uses a laptop or a pile of paper to keep track of their stuff. The dungeon master uses both. One of the guys named John has this insane 'desktop replacement' laptop designed to run games. It is huge and fast and has replaceable video cards. I think it was like $3000. Goddamn better be top notch.

Playing

I hadn't plaid in so long I couldn't remember what weapon focus did, or if strength bonus applied to to hit and damage. I nearly forgot to write my saving throws down.  I kept it to one page front and back with very large writing. I need to type it up. The borrowed dice I used rolled well for me.Now, I just have to find my books and supplies. I think they are on the shelves in the living room or the corner in the master bedroom where my stuff is piled.

The Game

I got a rambling history of what has happened over the adventure. Then I got a one question quiz.  I rolled up a barbarian in the first five minutes of the game. Adam tried to make me come up with my own history. That would be a cool thing, but I drew a blank. I had a complete creative block. Just plane nothing came to mind. Of course, this is all after the "horse poop", "stubbed his toe in my eye", and "gay male sex" punishment that someone received for selling out the party. H had to create a story off the top of his head with those phrases embedded. I'll take the lashes, thank you. I think my creative juices were shot after hearing this.

We fought a big pile of plants. Then we fought some more plants. We left the game with a bunch more plants coming at us from all directions in the early morning fog. This is after having fought all night and being down on rest, hit points, and supplies. We are stuck in a Sargasso sea. The weeds come alive after dark and absorb unwitting "Outsiders" at will. Though I had a first level character, I was able to deal some damage. Oh, we saved a worthless book from a watery grave.

The rest of the time was filled with goofing off. It was fun.

No comments: