It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-09-09

Screensaver
So, I noticed the screensaver on my Dell box (Fedora) sucks. The vector drawn screensavers would blink and flutter. So, I thought I'll try xscreensave in stead of gnome-screensaver. Low and behold, no blinkity screensavers. They are the self same screen savers, but now they are smooth and pleasant to look at in stead of giving me a headache.
Thinking this is a great idea, I try to switch the screen savers. I turned the internet upside down and found five great descriptions of how to do it for Fedora, that were all wrong in one way or another. So, I took the word Fedora out of the search. I found the correct answer on Ubuntu Forums. The Ubuntu community has a much better attitude than the Fedora community. The Fedora community is a bunch of snobby know it all types who are only interested in gloating and making me feel like an idiot for asking. The Ubuntu forums seem to be interested in answering the question and getting people on their way. If I'm wrong, please leave a comment.

No comments: