It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-09-11

The Rat, The Cat, The Homemaker and Her Husband
So, there Nat and I were, snuggling on the couch after Elle had gone to bed. When Tiger, the cat, jumps around the couch with the most determined look on his face. He settles in a crouch staring between the table and the chair. Nat says "He is stalking something." Just then, we hear a scratching noise come from behind the couch and Tiger takes a step forward. Nat hops up and starts moving furniture so Tiger can get to whatever it is. she moves the little trash can from the side of the couch and jumps back with an "eek!"
I ask "what is it?" "What did you see?"
Before I get the words out Nat says "That's my rat, Pretty Girl."
Now the goal has changed. We have to hold tiger back and retrieve the rat before a tragedy occurs. The dog is going nuts. She is in heat and we have had to keep her cooped up in her cage for the past three days with only trips outside for short supervised periods.
We pull out the couch and Nat climbs back there. The rat is freaking out. She never made a sound that I'm aware of until Nat had to finally grab her. She squeaked in disapproval, but seemed to calm down when Nat coddled her.
"That little bitch pushed open the top of her cage." Nat exclaimed. We found something to tie the cage shut with. This morning, as Nat exited the garage door to drive Elle and I to our daily toil she said to the rat "No great escapes today Pretty Girl."
I'm surprised Elle didn't come running out from all the noise. Between Nat and I moving furniture and the dog blowing a gasket in her cage it was pandemonium.
One more family adventure.

No comments: