It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-09-12

Outlook
You know, I kind of miss MS Outlook. Not for its own sake, but because all the other programs in the universe seem to make themselves compatible with Outlook. Gmail only exports and imports their own proprietary CSV and Outlook compatible CSV. It seems like the only real PIM software that works with Palm and WinSE was Outlook. I cannot even take my contacts from home to work without loosing information. Jpilot will export a CSV file, but then, get this, you cannot import it right back into Jpilot without errors. That kind of pisses me off. There must be five thousand different PIM type software out there and not two of them uses the same data structure to get the same job done. There is no solution. that works as well as Outlook and it is only because all the programming universe makes their stuff work with Outlook. That sucks. No standard. No open source solution. Bastards.

No comments: