It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-09-09

Lunch Conversation (written 2006-08-08)
# Batman from the TV show vs Bat Man from the Dark Night.
The TV show Bat Man would win because the Dark night would set up for a fight and a plastic shark would crawl out  of the suer and bite him in the ass.
# Someone is heading off for vacation this week and they can't set up their TiVo to get the new shows because they are not entered in the system yet. Sure, you can set the thing to record at a given time, but that takes effort. That is what TiVo is all about. Effortless TV watching.
# The big TV networks have stopped renaming their TV shows when there is a "very special" episode because people's TiVos would not recognize them and thus not record them.
# Someone is about to be a new parent, so we spoke of the lack of sleep and the other challenges.
# Some folks have purchased the DVD to TV shows to get the commentary. Lost was one they particularly liked. Apparently there are a lot of bad commentary DVDs out there. The good ones are very good.
# The intersection we have to traverse is frightening.
# The restaurant was full of smoke. They have smoked food, but someone left the vent closed.
# The street in front of our office smells like a suer. It is the construction going on in the Target parking lot.s
# Car stuff that I didn't listen to.
# More kid stuff I didn't listen to.
# Vacation stuff that I pretended to listen to.
Notably Absent from the conversations.
# Video games were not mentioned in my earshot.
# Religion.
# politics.
# House/apartment issues.
I was distracted for some reason. I didn't feel 100% today. I'm trying to skip medicine today except for the antibiotics. I think they are making me, you know, blah or something.
OH, something I did learn today. As it happens our office has a phone on the wall in the men's room. This is only because people need to hear the announcements from there and the speakers are in the phones. Well, someone called our office today from the men's room just for kicks. It comes up "TheJohn" on caller ID.

No comments: